LawBooksForLess, Inc. LawRewards Program Terms & Conditions Eligibility
- You must be 18 years of age or older and residing in the United States to become a Participant in the Program.
- The Program is available via access to the LawBooksForLess, Inc. Website: http://www.LawBooksForLess.com. You must have Internet access, an email address and a LawBooksForLess.com customer account to be eligible to receive the privileges and benefits of the Program. LawBooksForLess, Inc. is not responsible for your inability to connect to the Internet, log onto the LawBooksForLess.com Website or access your LawBooksForLess.com customer account.
- Participants must be human: no machines, scripts, or automated services may be used to accumulate LawRewards™.
- LawRewards™ cannot be transferred between individuals or accounts, even if the accounts in question are registered to the same individual. LawRewards™ can only be redeemed from the account in which they were originally deposited.
Accrual of LawRewards™
- LawRewards™ points are the rewards currency of the Program. As a Participant, you will have the opportunity to earn LawRewards™ by purchasing qualifying products (defined below) directly from the LawBooksForLess.com web site (a "Purchase"), and/or by participating in questionnaires, surveys or contests (a "Promotion"). It is your responsibility to comply with the rules specified by each Promotion. Your eligibility to participate in any given Promotion, and your compliance with the rules for fulfillment of any given Purchase, will be determined solely by LawBooksForLess, Inc.. LawRewards™ can be earned by purchasing qualifying products directly online at www.LawBooksForLess.com. Purchases made via fax, phone, email or international orders are not eligible to accrue LawRewards™. "Qualifying purchases" are defined as any products sold through the LawBooksForLess.com web site, excluding gift certificate purchases. LawRewards™ are accrued in the following manner: a Participant placing an order online at www.LawBooksForLess.com will accrue 1 LawRewards™ point for each dollar spent on qualifying product(s). The LawRewards™ accrued are calculated on the order amount after any gift certificate/discount redemptions have been applied, but before any shipping or tax fees have been applied. Fractional LawRewards™ points amounts are accrued based on fractional dollar amounts spent, according to the calculation immediately above.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. reserves the right to invalidate LawRewards™ posted to your Account upon indication that you did not fulfill your obligation under the applicable Purchase or Promotion rules, to be determined at the sole discretion of LawBooksForLess, Inc..
- Once you fulfill all applicable requirements for a Purchase, the designated number of LawRewards™ specified by that Purchase will be transferred into your Account. In some cases, there may be some delay in the crediting of LawRewards™ to your Account. For example, delays may be caused by technical difficulties.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. will not be responsible for any delay or failure to credit LawRewards™ to your Account. It is your responsibility to regularly check your Account to ensure that LawRewards™ have been properly credited and that your Account balance is accurate.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. is not responsible for changes to, or discontinuance of any Promotion, a discontinuation of the Program, or for any effect on accrual of LawRewards™ caused by such changes, discontinuance, or withdrawal.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. is under no obligation to provide Participants with a guaranteed number of LawRewards™ opportunities or advise them of Promotional offers.
Account Access and Password
- When you register an Account at the LawBooksForLess.com Website, you will be asked to enter your email address and password. This will allow you to access your Account to verify transfers and check account balances.
- You must be logged into the LawBooksForLess.com Website, using your email address and password, in order to access your Account. You may check your account status and recent earning history at any time.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. is entitled to act on instructions received under your password. For security purposes, it is recommended that you memorize your password, and do not write it down. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your email address, password, and account information. LawBooksForLess, Inc. is not responsible for any credits or debits made to your Account or for any loss you may incur as a result of any unauthorized person using your email, password or account information. If you forgot your password or secret phrase, please contact our customer service department at: [email protected].
- Participants agree to provide correct and accurate personal identifying information including email address to LawBooksForLess, Inc..
- Keeping your Account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have a continuing obligation to ensure that your information is up to date and accurate at all times.
Redemption of LawRewards™
- LawRewards™ points accrued in your Account can be redeemed, provided that your account contains a) a minimum of 1 LawRewards™ points, and b) you are redeeming a minimum of 1 LawRewards™ points.
- Redemption requests must be initiated during the checkout process while logged onto the LawBooksForLess, Inc. Website, using your email address and password. Redemption of LawRewards™ points can only occur for orders placed online at www.LawBooksForLess.com. LawRewards™ points cannot be redeemed on phone, fax, email or international orders.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. is not responsible for changes to or discontinuance of any product, merchandise or service, or for any effect on or devaluation of Rewards caused by such change, discontinuance, or withdrawal. Participants should not rely upon the continued availability of the Program or any reward level.
- Once the Participant redeems LawRewards™ points, the appropriate number of LawRewards™ points will be deducted from the Participant's Account. Under no circumstances will LawRewards™ points be refunded or exchanged for cash. All redemptions are final.
- LawRewards™ have no cash value and are not redeemable in the event LawBooksForLess, Inc. ceases to do business or is sold, assigned, declared bankrupt or a receiver is put in place.
- LawRewards™ cannot be combined or used in conjunction with other coupons, discounts or special offers, except where designated by LawBooksForLess, Inc..
- LawRewards™ are void where prohibited by law.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. reserves the right to limit the redemption of specific LawRewards™ points and limit the number of LawRewards™ points available on any particular purchase. For additional questions, please address inquiries to LawBooksForLess, Inc. at: [email protected].
- It is your responsibility to read and understand the information provided on these pages before accumulating LawRewards™ points. These pages are frequently updated. Further, it is your responsibility to check these pages regularly to determine whether the restrictions have been modified. If you do not agree to any such modification, you must immediately cease participation in the Program.
- LawRewards™ points earned, granted or accumulated under the Program may not be assigned or transferred to any third party.
- The sale or barter, assignment, or other disposal of any such LawRewards™ points is expressly prohibited.
- LawRewards™ points do not constitute property, and are not transferable: (i) upon death, (ii) as part of a domestic relations matter, or (iii) otherwise by operation of law.
- LawRewards™ points assigned, sold, or otherwise transferred in violation of the Program Rules will be confiscated or canceled. Any violator of the foregoing restrictions is subject to account termination, deduction of LawRewards™ points from his or her account, and/or liability for damages and litigation and transaction costs.
Termination or Changes to the Program
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. reserves the right to terminate the Program at any time, for whatever reason with 30 days notice. This means you will have 30 days from the date of notice to accumulate and redeem LawRewards™ points in your Account before the Program terminates.
- Notification of Program termination will be posted on the LawBooksForLess, Inc. Website. LawBooksForLess, Inc. will not be held responsible for failing to notify you of Program termination should you fail to check the LawBooksForLess.com Website on a regular and frequent basis.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. may at any time and without notice suspend or disable the LawBooksForLess.com Website for maintenance or upgrades. LawBooksForLess, Inc. will not be responsible for Participants' inability to redeem or earn LawRewards™ points for the period that the LawBooksForLess.com Website is disabled.
- Your continued participation in the Program constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, modifications, updates or notices.
Expiration of Points
- LawRewards™ points earned, granted or accumulated under the Program expire on the two (2) year anniversary of the date of their accrual, except for those points earned, granted or accumulated under the Program prior to April 1, 2009, all of which expire on April 1, 2011.
Termination of Participation
- A Participant may terminate participation in the Program at any time and is effective upon submitting a termination request via email to [email protected] and Participant receiving confirmation of termination from LawBooksForLess, Inc.. LawRewards™ points accumulated but not redeemed by the Participant up to the date of termination will be forfeited. Participants may not accrue or redeem LawRewards™ points after the date of termination.
- LawBooksForLess, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your participation in the Program at any time, without notice. Upon termination, the Participant's right to accrue and redeem LawRewards™ points shall immediately be cancelled. Any and all LawRewards™ points accumulated but not redeemed up to the date of termination will be forfeited.
- Participation in the Program terminates immediately upon Participant's death.
- If at any time, you do not accept the Program Terms and Conditions, or any subsequent amendments or modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with the LawBooksForLess, Inc. Program, your sole remedy is to terminate your participation in the Program.
Notification of Changes
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE LawBooksForLess, INC. PROGRAM IS BEING PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANT "AS IS" WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LawBooksForLess, INC. EXCLUDES ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED INTO OR INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, N0N-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. LawBooksForLess, INC. DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY OF, OR ACCURACY OF ADVERTISEMENTS OR PURCHASES FOR ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY OFFER PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PROGRAM NOR DOES IT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ARISING THEREFROM, OR ANY FRAUD OR OTHER CRIME FACILITAED THEREBY. IN ADDITION, ALTHOUGH LawBooksForLess, INC. INTENDS TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO THE LawBooksForLess, INC. WEBSITE, LawBooksForLess, INC. DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS, TIME BOMBS, CANCELBOTS OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS. IN ADDITION, LawBooksForLess, INC. DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND LawBooksForLess, INC. ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACCESS OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THIS SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR OTHER ASSURANCE, WRITTEN OR ORAL, GIVEN OR MADE BY OR ON BEHALF OF LawBooksForLess, INC. PRIOR TO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU WAIVE ALL REMEDIES WHICH, BUT FOR THIS PROVISION, MIGHT OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN RESPECT OF SUCH REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR OTHER ASSURANCE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OTHER COMPANY WITH WHICH LawBooksForLess, INC. HAS A CORPORATE PARTNERING RELATIONSHIP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CO-BRANDING, CO-MARKETING, JOINT DEVELOPMENT, AN OFFER PARTNER RELATIONSHIP, AN AFFILIATE OR A SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP (EACH A "CORPORATE PARTICIPANT") BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR NON-PERFORMANCE OF PROGRAM OBLIGATIONS. LawBooksForLess, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES INCURRED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPENSATORY, PECUNIARY, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFITS), HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER ARISING BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE PROGRAM; (II) ANY FAILURE, DELAY, OR DECISION BY LawBooksForLess, INC. IN ADMINISTERING THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING RESPONDING TO CUSTOMER INQUIRIES OR RESOLVING DISPUTES; (III) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE; OR (IV) THE PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY MERCHANDISE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OF OFFER PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS, EVEN IF LawBooksForLess, INC., OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF, ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, CLAIMS, OR LOSSES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. LawBooksForLessForLess, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR CHANGES OR DISCONTINUANCES OF SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE FROM SUPPLIERS OR OFFER PARTNERS, WHICH MAY AFFECT PURCHASEAL OFFERS, OR THE ACCRUAL OF LawRewards™. IN NO EVENT SHALL LawBooksForLess, INC. TOTAL LIABILITY, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY, TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) EXCEED ONE DOLLAR (US$1.00).
Disputes or Errors
All questions or disputes regarding the Program, including without limitation, questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, or the eligibility of LawRewards™ for accrual or redemption, must be submitted via email within 60 days of the qualifying transaction, to [email protected]. LawBooksForLess, Inc. shall resolve all and any disputes at its sole discretion. In the event that an error is made by LawBooksForLess, Inc., such error shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement, and your sole remedy shall be the credit of the disputed LawRewards™ points to your Account. All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of LawBooksForLess, Inc..
Any controversy or claim arising out of or related to this Program or Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such claim or controversy shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or dispute of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Kansas and governed by federal arbitration law and Rules, without reference to State arbitration law. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without reference to conflicts of law rules. If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the other provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect. LawBooksForLess, Inc.’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and LawBooksForLess, Inc. and supersedes all prior understandings, agreements, communications and/or advertising with respect to the Program.
Participant agrees to indemnify and hold LawBooksForLess, Inc., its affiliates, officers, and employees harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, and/or costs incurred in connection with any transaction or activity in which you engage in connection with the LawBooksForLess, Inc. program that violates local laws, rules or regulations.